In this article you will know the best way to edit 3D videos with FCP X on Mac, you will learn the way to convert 3D AVCHD, 3D MTS, 3D MXF, etc. videos to FCP X native supported Apple ProRes codec MOV format, and then you can edit 3D videos with FCP X smoothly.
Can FCP X edit 3D videos?
“Hello, I bought a Panasonic 3D camcorder several days ago to record 3D videos for my customers, today I copied the files from camcorder to Mac computer and would like to edit 3D videos with FCP X, but when I load the footages into Final Cut Pro X, the software said the video format is not supported, I checked the videos and found they are in AVCHD MTS format, are 3D MTS videos supported by FCP X directly? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
On 3D camcorder related forums many users have reported their 3D AVCHD MTS files are not supported by Final Cut Pro X, they always get errors when they try to edit 3D videos with FCP X directly. You may wonder the main reason that caused this error and want a solution for this. From Apple Final Cut Pro X official website you will know that FCP X only supports limited video formats, such as Apple ProRes codec is the native supported format for FCP X, and AVCHD MTS format is not compatible format for FCP X, the main reason that caused the 3D AVCHD to FCP X importing and editing issue is the video format, if you want to edit 3D videos in FCP X smoothly, you will need to convert unsupported videos like 3D AVCHD MTS files to FCP X native supported format, and then you can edit 3D files with FCP X smoothly.
Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac is the top Apple ProRes converter on the market, it is able to convert 2D and 3D HD videos to any video formats you need, such as convert 3D MTS videos to Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, there are rich optimized formats that you can choose for output, with this converter you don’t need to worry about any video playing or editing issue. This video converter also has powerful video editing functions, such as trim 3D video, crop 3D video, add 3D effect to 2D video, adjust effect to the video, or extract/add/remove audio from video, add watermark to the video, etc. now please try this best 3D to FCP X converter via the download link below, we have prepared the easy steps below, you can follow them to convert 3D videos to FCP X Apple ProRes codec in few clicks.
1. Download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, install this software on your computer, launch it you will see the brief main interface. This software also has corresponding Windows version which will help you to convert 3D videos or any HD videos on Windows platform.
2. Run this 3D to FCP X converter, click add files button to import the 3D videos that you want to convert, you can add batch files at one time, batch loading and converting is supported by this Apple ProRes converter.
3. Choose FCP X supported video format for output. to edit 3D videos with FCP X in Apple ProRes codec, just choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), you can also choose A pple prores HQ, Apple ProRes Proxy, Apple ProRes 4444, etc. according to your need.
4. If you need to adjust the output parameters before you convert 3D videos to FCP X, you can click settings button and adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec, etc.
5. Click convert button on the main interface of the 3D video converter, Acrok will start the 3D video to FCP X conversion immediately.
Please wait until all your video files are converted, and then you can click open folder button to get the converted 3D videos, and then you can import them into Final Cut Pro X and edit natively, there is no importing or editing issues anymore, just try this best 3D to FCP X converter, hope it can help you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.