In this article you will learn Final Cut Pro Supported Video Formats for Editing, we will share the supported format of FCP X, and then you can convert MXF, MTS, H.265 MP4, MKV or other videos to Final Cut Pro supported video formats for editing natively.
“Hello, I have just bought an iMac computer and installed Final Cut Pro X on it, I would like to do video editing with FCP X. I use a Sony camcorder that records videos in MXF video format, before import videos to final cut for editing, I want to know the best supported video format of Final Cut Pro, so that I can avoid video compatibility issue, can you tell me Final Cut Pro supported video formats for editing? Thank you!”
Final Cut Pro is the most popular video editing program on Mac platform, there are many professional users choose to use Final Cut Pro to edit videos. Final Cut Pro is powerful that you can import some popular video formats into it for editing, but now all the video formats are well supported, such as 4K videos, MXF files, XAVC videos, MTS videos, etc. in order to edit any videos with Final Cut Pro smoothly, you’d better know Final Cut Pro supported video formats for editing, and then you can convert videos to FCP X native supported format for importing and editing, you will not have problems anymore.
Final Cut Pro best supported video formats: Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 4444
Final Cut Pro supported audio formats: WAV, MP3, CAF, BWF, AAC, AIFF
Final Cut Pro supported still-image formats: JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, RAW, PSD, TIFF, TGA
Maybe you have some videos that can’t be supported Final Cut Pro, in this case if you want to edit videos in Final Cut Pro with supported format you will need to convert videos to supported format of Final Cut Pro, such as convert video to Apple ProRes codec MOV format, which is native supported format of FCP. In order to help you convert videos to Final Cut Pro supported video format easily, here we introduce the best FCP converter for you, the software is Acrok HD video converter for Mac, this software can convert videos to Final Cut Pro natively supported Apple ProRes codec for you, now please follow the steps below to convert videos to Final Cut Pro supported video formats.
1. Download Acrok HD video converter for Mac, and then install this program on your computer, launch it as the best Apple ProRes converter. If you need to convert videos on Windows you can also download the Windows version to use, with this program you can also convert videos to Apple ProRes codec on Windows PC.
2. Run this Final Cut Pro converter, and click add files button on the top left corner to import videos that you want to convert, you can import and convert MXF to Final Cut Pro, convert MTS to Final Cut Pro, convert H.265 to Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro.
3. Please click format bar and choose output format. Just choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is Final Cut Pro supported video format, and it’s native codec for FCP editing.
4. If you want to adjust the output parameters, please click settings button on the main interface and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec or other parameters.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start to convert videos to Final Cut Pro supported video formats.
Video and audio synchronization is perfectly guaranteed by this Apple ProRes converter, when your videos are converted please click open folder button to get the converted videos, and then you can import them into Final Cut Pro X for editing natively.
Tip: best Final Cut Pro video and audio settings
You can get the best video settings and audio settings from the information showed below, and then you can get better video effect after you edit videos with Final Cut Pro.
Best video format for Final Cut Pro: Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec MOV format
Resolution: you can choose resolution in settings column according to your need, for example you can choose 4K resolution, or 1080p and 720p resolution.
Aspect ratio: you can choose native aspect ratio without letterboxing, such as 16:9, 4:3.
Frame rate: the maximum is 60 fps, the lowest frame rate is 23.976 fps.
Audio settings: in the software generally you can choose “Surround” or “Stereo”, and the max audio bit depth is not specified, sequenced audio is always using 32 bit floating-point values.
Now you may have known Final Cut Pro supported video formats for editing, please free download Acrok HD video converter and convert videos to best supported format of Final Cut Pro X, and then you can edit your videos without any issue.
You must be logged in to post a comment.