How can I expect a smooth workflow between Sony PXW-Z450 XDCAM footage and Premiere Pro? If you are stuck in working with Sony PXW-Z450 media in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, CS6 or CS5, you can follow this tutorial and learn a way of converting 4K XAVC (.mxf) files to H.264 MOV or MPEG -2 MPG for Premiere Pro editing.
The PXW-Z450 4K UHD Shoulder Camcorder from Sony features a single Exmor R CMOS sensor with 3840 x 2160 resolution. The PXW-Z450 camcorder supports the Sony XAVC codec up to 4K UHD, 1080/59.94p and 50p recording, in addition to MPEG and DVCAM formats. The PXW-Z450 Camcorder offers a wide array of recording formats for a variety of applications including ENG, EFP, and studio use. Developed on MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, the XAVC codec provides support for the 4K UHD and Full HD format of XAVC long 4:2:2 1080/59.94p and 50p formats.
“Hi all, I’m new to Premiere Pro CC 8.2.0. I’m having an issue importing Sony PXW-Z450 files into Avid. I use the import option, and any attempt to just import the files end up with an error message saying that I cannot import the file into a bin. Is there anything wrong? What should I do to fix this? Please help.”
To make Premiere Pro support Sony PXW-Z405 MXF material well, we would recommend converting 4K XAVC files to H.264 or MPEG-2 codec first, then you can edit XAVC files in Premiere Pro withou any problem. Acrok Video Converter Ultimate can do the job easily. With this powerful video conversion software you can trascode any video to any video format with fast speed. Acrok Video Converter Ultimate = 4K Video Converter + XAVC Converter + MXF Converter + Blu-ray Ripper + DVD Ripper + 2D to 3D Converter + Free Blu-ray Player. If you want to reduces cost, Acrok MXF Converter (Windows | Mac) is your good choice too.
Free download Sony PXW-Z450 to Premiere Pro Converter
1. Run Acrok Ultimate Converter or MXF Converter the click “Add File” to load Sony PXW-Z450 video files that you want to convert into this program.
2. Click “Format” to select “Editing Software” > “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas AVC (*.mov)” as output format. H.264 is Premiere Pro’s favorite editing codec, which Premiere Pro CC, CS6 and CS5 will recognize and handle well.
3. Click “Convert” to start Sony PXW-Z450 footage to Premiere Pro supported format conversion on Windows 10. As soon as the conversion is complete, click “Open” to get the generated H.264 .mov files for editing in Premiere Pro on your Windows 10 with optimum performance. Hope it helps.
1. Free download and install Acrok software onto you computer. Click “Add File” icon to load video files that you want to convert into this software.
2. Click “Format” to choose Premeire Pro supported format. Here “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas AVC (*.mov)” or “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas MPEG-2(*.mpg)” is your best choice.
3. Hit “Convert” button to start Sony PXW-Z450 video conversion on Mac. When the conversion is done, click “Open” to get the generated files for editing in Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 on your Mac computer with optimum performance. Hope it helps.
Tip: If your Premiere Pro supports 4K video editing, you can click “Setting” button to set the output video resolution. For getting 4K videos, please select “Original” in resolution option.
You must be logged in to post a comment.