In this article, you will know how to import MXF files to FCP 7 and edit with native codec, you will get best MXF to Final Cut Pro 7 solution. Supported MXF videos include Canon MXF files, Panasonic MXF files, Sony XDCAM MXF video, JVC MXF video, Blackmagic MXF files, etc.
MXF to FCP 7 Problem
Question 1: “How can I import MXF to FCP 7 on Mac and edit natively? I have a Canon XF305 camcorder which records .mxf files for me, but now I want to import MXF files to FCP 7 and edit on my MacBook retina, I tried but always got problems when I loading the MXF footages, the FCP 7 seems not to support MXF video format directly, can you help me? Thanks!”
Question 2: “I have several files in .mxf format, they are recorded by sony XDCAM camcorder, I am trying to import to FCP 7, but Log & Transfer does not allow me to import the .MXF files, what should I do?”
MXF to FCP 7 Solution
FCP is popular software used by many professional users on Mac, though many users bought better camcorders, a lot of them still use FCP 7 editing program, because most users are familiar with it and have installed some important plugins, so it is not so convenient to upgrade to FCP X. As we know, FCP 7 or FCP X has some format limitations, for example, you can’t import MXF to FCP 7 for editing directly, because the MXF video format is not supported, if you want to imort MXF files to FCP 7 and edit natively, you will need to convert MXF to FCP 7 best supported video codec. From Apple FCP official product page you will learn that Apple ProRes Codec is the best codec for FCP 7 and FCP X, so you need to convert MXF to MOV with ProRes codec for FCP, once you convert MXF to FCP 7 Apple ProRes codec, you won’t have any importing or editing problems.
Acrok MXF Converter for Mac is the recommended software to convert MXF to FCP 7 native Apple ProRes codec, it is the top MXF converter on the market, which can convert nearly all the MXF video formats as well as other HD videos. This program has been used by many professional camcorder users, it has good support for Canon MXF files, Sony MXF files, Panasonic MXF videos, JVC MXF videos, Blackmagic MXF files, etc. Acrok MXF Converter Mac version has optimized formats for Final Cut Pro X/7/6, it supports output to Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec, besides, it has native codec for other editing software, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMoive, and formats for Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.
Steps to convert MXF to FCP 7
Now you can follow the easy steps below to convert MXF to FCP 7 best supported Apple ProRes codec, when the converting finished, you can import footages to FCP 7 and edit natively.
1. Free download Acrok MXF Converter for Mac from our website, install this MXF to FCP 7 converter on your Mac. This program also has Windows version which can convert MXF files on Windows PC.
2. Launch this MXF to FCP 7 converter on your Mac, you will see its brief main interface. Now you can load your .mxf files into this converter, you can just drag and drop the footages, or click add file button to import MXF files, batch loading and converting is supported in this MXF to FCP 7 converter.
3. Choose output format. After you imported the MXF files, please choose the output format that you need, for example, to edit MXF files with FCP 7, you can choose Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is native format for Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X.
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click the settings button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc.
5. Edit feature is available to use in this MXF to FCP 7 converter, you can easily trim MXF video, crop MXF files, add watermark to MXF video, extract/remove/replace audio from MXF files.
6. The final step is to click convert button to start MXF to FCP 7 conversion.
Just wait some time, this MXF to FCP 7 converter will convert your files at fast speed with top quality, when the conversion finished, you can import converted files to Final Cut Pro 7 for editing with native Apple ProRes codec.
You must be logged in to post a comment.