Nexus 6 is one of the hottest smartphones on the market, this Android smartphone is released not long ago, it is powerful that has better hardware and software compared to Google’s previous smartphones like Nexus 5. The Nexus 6 has 6″ Quad HD display, so you can get better visual enjoyment, besides it used more advanced processor, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor can run your apps at fast speed, and you can get better performance.
After you got the Nexus 6 smartphone, you may want to copy some videos or movies to Nexus 6 for watching freely, but a lot of Nexus 6 users have encountered problems to play videos on Nexus 6, there are many video formats not supported by Nexus 6, let’s take a look first.
Nexus 6 video format problem
“Does Nexus 6 support MKV and WMV formats? I have some movies in MKV and WMV formats that stored on my computer’s HDD, today I transferred them onto my Nexus 6 smartphone via USB cable, I want to play these movies during the trip, but I am disappointed to find that MKV and WMV formats are not supported by Nexus 6, the smartphone said the formats are not supported, can you help me to play MKV and WMV files on Nexus 6? Please give me some suggestions, thank you!”
Nexus 6 is a new smartphone and it runs Android 5.0 system, not all the video formats are supported by Android OS, if you check Nexus 6’s specs on its user manual or product page, you will find the information that only H.264 MP4 format is Nexus 6 supported video format, for other formats you will not be able to play them on Nexus 6 directly, you will need to convert them to Nexus 6 supported video format first.
Nexus 6 supported video format and best format: H.264 codec MP4
You will need to use Nexus 6 video converter to convert unsupported video files to compatible format for Nexus 6, here we introduce the best Nexus 6 video converter for you, the program is Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, this is a powerful converter which can convert all the videos to any popular formats, such as convert WMV, MKV, MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, M4V, VOB, TiVo, etc. Besides these HD video formats, it can also rip latest Blu-ray and DVD discs to Nexus 6 supported format, and then you can play blu-ray or DVD on Nexus 6 freely. Tip: If you need to convert iTunes to Nexus 6, please follow the link to read corresponding guide.
1. Install Nexus 6 video format converter on your computer, both Mac version and Windows version are supported, you can choose to download according to your need.
2. Run this Nexus 6 format converter you will see the interface, to add the video files please click the “Add files” button on the main interface, you can import batch files at one time.
3. Choose best video format for Nexus 6 to output. As H.264 MP4 format is the best format for Nexus 6, we recommend you to choose it, just click “Common Video” category and choose H.264 MP4 format for output.
4. You can also adjust the output parameters by clicking the settings button, and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate and others according to your need.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start Nexus 6 video format conversion.
This Nexus 6 video format converter will help you to convert videos with high quality and speed, when all the video converted, press the folder folder button to get the converted videos, and then transfer converted video files to Nexus 6 via USB, and then you can play any videos on Nexus 6 with compatible MP4 format. You can also use it to convert Blu-ray to Nexus 6, or convert Blu-ray to Kindle Fire HD 7, etc. Now you have got the way to use Nexus 6 video format converter, please free try this software, hope it can help you to play movies on Nexus 6 easily.
You must be logged in to post a comment.