In this article you can learn the way to play MKV files on Samsung LED Smart TV from USB, you can solve Samsung smart TV MKV video format supporting problem easily, just read it.
MKV video format is widely used by movies or videos, many people like using MKV as the container format to store movies and videos, you will get high quality videos with subtitles or multi-track audio channels. If you have downloaded some movies or videos from online websites you will find most of the movies are in MKV format, though MKV format is very popular, there are many devices can’t play it, such as some Samsung LED smart TVs, but please don’t worry about this, in this article we will share the method to play MKV on Samsung LED Smart TV from USB.
MKV to Samsung LED Smart TV Issue
“Hello, how can I transfer MKV movies to USB flash drive and then play MKV files on Samsung LED Smart TV? I have downloaded many MKV videos on my computer, and now I want to copy them to USB flash drive and play them on my Samsung 4K TV from USB port, I tried but only to find that MKV files in USB flash drive can’t be played by Samsung LED Smart TV, can Samsung LED Smart TV play MKV files? If not, can you share a solution with me? Thank you!”
If you have searched on the Internet you may have found that there are many users on forums have encountered the issue to play MKV on Samsung LED Smart TV via USB, what’s the main reason caused this? It is Samsung LED Smart TV video format’s limitation. Most Samsung LED Smart TV can’t play MKV, WMV, MPG, AVI, M4V and other formats from USB directly, because these formats may use different video codecs which Samsung LED Smart TV doesn’t support. From Samsung LED Smart TV official website you will know that H.264 MP4 video format is the best supported format of Samsung LED Smart TV, in this case how to play MKV on Samsung LED Smart TV from USB? It is to convert MKV to Samsung LED Smart TV supported video format, and then you can copy converted MP4 videos to USB flash drive for watching on Samsung LED Smart TV or 4K TV.
Best Video Converter for Samsung LED Smart TV
To convert MKV files or other HD videos to Samsung LED Smart TV supported video format, you will need to use an excellent video converter software, here we recommend you to choose Acrok Video Converter Ultimate Windows version or Mac version, this is the best video converter on the market, which has the ability to convert HD videos like MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4, M4V, MPG, FLV, MTS, VOB, etc. what’s more, this software can rip latest Blu-ray and DVD movies to unprotected common videos like MP4, and then you can play Blu-ray/DVD/HD videos on Samsung LED Smart TV from USB in compatible format, you can follow this Blu-ray Ripper review article to learn the Blu-ray Ripping feature. This powerful video converter also has rich output formats for HDTVs, tablets, smartphones and editing programs, now you can download this software from the link below and try as you want.
1. Install Acrok Video Converter Ultimate Windows version or MAC version according to your computer, and then launch it.
2. Please click add files button on the top left corner to import the MKV files or other HD videos that you want to convert, you can also click “Load Disc” button to import Blu-ray to DVD movies that you want to rip, you can follow this article to learn the way to play Blu-ray on Samsung 4K TV.
3. Choose Samsung LED Smart TV supported video format for output. Click format column you will see rich output formats there, we recommend you to choose Common Video -> MP4 Video (*.mp4), this format is well supported by Samsung LED Smart TV and other playable devices.
4. If you want to adjust output settings you can click “Settings” button on the main interface, and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others according to your need.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start MKV to Samsung LED Smart TV conversion.
When your MKV files are converted to Samsung LED Smart TV supported format, just transfer converted videos to USB flash drive, pen drive or NAS, and then you can play MKV on Samsung LED Smart TV or 4K TV from USB port, there will be no problems anymore. Just try it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.