From this article, you will know the solution to import Sony AX33 to FCP X and edit with Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 4444 codec, and then you can edit Sony AX33 XAVC S and AVCHD MTS files smoothly in Final Cut Pro X.
Sony AX33 camcorder is a very hot camcorder on the market, there are a few of users choose to buy Sony AX33 4K Ultra HD Handycam Camcorder due to its excellent features. Sony AX33 is very powerful, it has the ability to record 4K videos in 24p/30p, or record 1080p videos up to 60 fps, it used Exmor R CMOS Sensor and Bionz X Image Processor, which can help you to get high quality photos and vivid videos. With Sony AX33 you can record videos in XAVC S MP4 format or AVCHD MTS format.
After you got the Sony AX33 camcorder, you may have recorded a lot of videos with it, the recordings may be in XAVC S or AVCHD format, to most users they will need to edit the videos before share them with others, so you may have the need to import Sony AX33 to FCP X for editing, FCP X is the most popular video editing program on Mac platform. On some video editing websites and forums, many users have the issue to import Sony AX33 to FCP X for editing, they have found that FCP X can’t support Sony AX33 recorded XAVC S files and AVCHD MTS files, the XAVC S and AVCHD MTS formats are not support by Final Cut Pro X, so you can’t import Sony AX33 AVCHD or XAVC S to FCP X for editing smoothly. In this case, how to import Sony AX33 to FCP X and edit natively? The best way is to convert Sony AX33 to FCP X supported video codec and format.
Best codec and format for editing with FCP X
From Apple Final Cut Pro X official website you will know that Apple ProRes codec is the native supported codec of FCP X, you can convert Sony AX33 XAVC S or AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes codec, and then import the converted files to FCP X for editing natively. Once you convert videos to Apple ProRes 422 codec or Apple ProRes 4444 codec, you can edit videos with FCP X without any issue. For example, you can convert MXF to Apple ProRes 422 or ProRes 4444 for FCP X.
As we talked above, you will need to convert Sony AX33 to FCP X Apple ProRes codec, so you will need to use Apple ProRes converter, here we want to introduce the best Sony AX33 to FCP X converter for you, the software is Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, which is excellent in converting HD videos, nearly all the HD videos are supported, such as AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, XAVC, XAVC S, MPG, MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, etc. this Sony AX33 to FCP X converter has many optimized output formats, such as native format for FCP X, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, iMovie, etc. with this converter you will not need to worry about HD video playing and editing problems.
1. Free download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac from the website, it will help you to convert Sony AX33 XAVC S or AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec within few clicks. This software also has Windows version, so if you need to convert XAVC S or AVCHD MTS videos on Windows, you can download and use its Windows version.
2. Install Sony AX33 to FCP X converter on your computer, run it as the best HD video converter, and then you will see the main interface, now you can click add files button on the top left corner to load the videos that you want to convert, you can add batch files at one time, because batch loading and converting is well supported by this Sony AX33 FCP X converter. This software can help you to convert HD videos like XAVC S, AVCHD, MTS or MXF to FCP X.
3. You will need to click format column and choose FCP X native supported format, just click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
3. Before transcode Sony AX33 to FCP X, you can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, frame rate, etc. this software has powerful customization feature, you can adjust them according to your need.
4. Click convert button on the main interface, the Sony AX33 to FCP X converter will begin the conversion process immediately. This software can also work as 4K MXF video converter for you, 4K video conversion is supported.
When your Sony AX33 XAVC S or AVCHD MTS files are converted to Apple ProRes codec MOV format, you can import them into FCP X, and then you can edit the videos smoothly with Final Cut Pro. Just try this software, it will help you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.