Want to know the best way to import Sony PXW-X70 recorded XAVC/AVCHD video to FCP X and edit with Apple prores native codec? After you read this Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X importing and conversion article, you will get the best method and software to use.
Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X Problem
“Is there anyone can help me? I have purchased Sony PXW-X70 camcorder last week, since I got it I always take it when I go travel. I have recorded several 1080p videos with Sony PXW-X70, the recordings are in two video formats, one is XAVC and another is AVCHD, when I try to import the videos into Final Cut Pro X on my MacBook Pro, the FCP X says the video formats are not supported to import, can you help me? Thanks!”
Sony PXW-X70 is a striking camcorder on the market, it is equipped with excellent hardware, the sensor is 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor, the resolution is 20 megapixe, and the lens is ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens achieves 12x optical zoom, with the Sony PXW-X70 we can record videos in AVCHD, XAVC and DV format, full HD 1080p is well supported.
After you got the Sony PXW-X70 camcorder, you must have used it to record some videos, when you use the XAVC as recording format, the recorded files will be in .mxf format. Recently on some recording forums there are a few of Sony PXW-X70 users complained that FCP X can’t recognize the Sony PXW-X70 recorded XAVC MXF files and AVCHD MTS files, here we will share the best software to help you transcode Sony PXW-X70 files to FCP X native supported apple prores codec MOV format.
If you read the detail description of Final Cut Pro X on Apple official website, you will get the info that Apple prores codec is the native codec for FCP X, once you convert Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X Apple ProRes codec, your importing and editing problem will be solved. Here we recommend you to take a free try on Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this is the best Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X converter on the market, it has the ability to convert Sony PXW-X70 XAVC MXF files, AVCHD MTS videos as well as DV video to best format for FCP X/7 native editing, such as convert MXF to MOV with Apple ProRes. Now you can free download the software below.
Steps to convert Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X supported format
The conversion of Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X is very easy, if you don’t know the steps to use this Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X converter, you can follow the easy guide below, you will know how to convert and edit PXW-X70 XAVC/AVCHD with FCP X.
1. Free download Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X converter, this program will convert Sony PXW-X70 recorded XAVC MXF files, AVCHD MTS files and DV files to FCP X, FCP 7 or other software with natively supported formats. This software also has Windows version, if you need to convert Sony PXW-X70 files on Windows, please use its Windows version.
2. Install this Sony PXW-X70 XAVC/AVCHD Converter on your computer, you will see its main interface, now you can click add files button to import the video files.
3. Choose Apple prores 422 or apple prores 4444 codec MOV format for output, they are the best codecs for Final Cut Pro X/7/6. If you need to edit Sony PXW-X70 files with other programs, just choose as you want, like Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, Adobe After effects, iMovie, etc.
4. Before convert Sony PXW-X70 MXF/MTS files to FCP X, it is available to press settings button to customize the output parameters, include the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. you can also skip this step.
5. The last step is to click convert button to start the conversion process.
Please wait some time, when the Sony PXW-X70 to FCP X conversion finished, you can import the converted videos to Final Cut Pro X for editing natively. Please try it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.