From this article you will learn the best way to import WMV video files into FCP X for editing natively on Mac, you can get the best tool to help you convert WMV to FCP X native video codec, and then you can edit WMV files with FCP X without any problems.
“Hello, I have just bought the final cut pro X and installed it on my Mac, I am a newbie using FCP X and have some .wmv files that I would like to do some editing. I tried to load WMV files into FCP X, but always failed, I am assuming Theta I’d have to convert WMV files to MOV or other format in order to work with FCP X, but I’m not sure what the best way is to convert the file in a format that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!”
There are a lot of users have encountered problems when they want to import WMV to FCP X on Mac, just like the problem showed above, what’s the best way to import and edit WMV files with FCP X? how to solve WMV to FCP X importing and editing issue? Many users are talking about these questions on final cut pro related forums, now in this article we will share the best way with you to import WMV to FCP X and edit natively.
How to solve WMV to FCP X problems?
As we know, final cut pro X only supports limited video formats and codec, such as Apple ProRes codec MOV format, this is best video format for FCP X, for other formats like WMV, MKV, etc. you will meet with many importing and editing problems, because those are not supported formats for FCP X, in this case, the best way to import WMV to FCP X for editing is to convert WMV to FCP X compatible format. From FCP X official product page you can learn that Apple ProRes codec MOV format is the best format for final cut pro X editing, many users choose to use this format for native editing, so we recommend you to convert WMV to Apple ProRes codec MOV format for importing and editing with FCP X on Mac. Nearly all formats are supported to import, so you can also convert MXF to FCP X.
Free download WMV to FCP X Apple ProRes converter
To convert your WMV video files to FCP X supported Apple ProRes codec MOV format, you will need a WMV to FCP X prores converter, here we recommend you to use Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, this program can help you to convert WMV to FCP X supported video formats easily, besides the WMV format, it is also available to help you to convert AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MKV, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, VOB, etc. files. It also has optimized formats for editing software like FCP X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, Avid Media Composer, iMovie, etc. you can choose any output format according to your need.
1. Free download and install WMV to FCP X converter on your Mac computer, you will see its brief main interface.
2. Click add file button to load WMV files that you want to convert, you can also just drag and drop the video files, batch conversion is well supported in this WMV to FCP X converter.
3. Choose output format. In order to edit video files with FCP X natively, you must choose a video format that supported by final cut pro X natively, just choose Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec MOV format, this is the native format that FCP X needs, with this program you can also convert Blu-ray to FCP X best editing format.
4. Before convert WMV files to FCP X, you can click settings button to customize the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. you can also skip this step.
5. The last step is to click convert button to begin the WMV to FCP X conversion process.
Please wait some minutes to let the software do the WMV to FCP X conversion process. When the software finished the conversion, you can get the converted video files, and then you can import converted video files into FCP X for editing natively. Just try it now, hope this program can help you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.