How to import MXF files from Canon XC10 to FCP X? How to edit Canon XC10 MXF files with Final Cut Pro X on Mac? In this article we will share the best Canon XC10 MXF converter with you, which can convert Canon XC10 MXF to FCP X native supported Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec MOV format, and then you can edit Canon XC10 files with FCP X natively.
Canon XC10 to FCP X Problem:
“Can you help me to load Canon XC10 files to FCP X? Several days ago I purchased the Canon XC10 4K professional camcorder and recorded some videos with it, I noticed the recordings are in MXF format, the resolution is 4K. Today I need to edit the footages with FCP X on Mac, when I try to import Canon XC10 MXF files to FCP X, problem occurred, the FCP X said the MXF format is not supported format, so I guess Canon XC10 4K MXF files are not supported by Final Cut Pro X, in this case, can you recommend an effective way for me to load Canon XC10 to FCP X and edit smoothly? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.” – Canon XC10 new user
Have you encountered the same problem as showed above? Canon XC10 is a very hot camcorder on the market now, a lot of users choose to buy this excellent camcorder, the Canon XC10 uses 1″ CMOS Sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Processor, it is able to record Ultra HD 4K at 29.97/25/23.98p, the recordings will be in MXF format. As more and more users to use this camcorder, more problems occurred. On the Canon related forums many users have found that Canon XC10 MXF videos can’t be imported and edited well by Final Cut Pro X on Mac, the FCP X doesn’t support Canon XC10 MXF files, in this case, how can we import and edit Canon XC10 files with FCP X smoothly? The best way is to convert Canon XC10 MXF to FCP X native supported Apple ProRes codec.
From apple Final Cut Pro X product page you will find the information that many video formats are not supported by FCP X, include Canon XC10 4K MXF files, in this case if we want to edit Canon XC10 files with FCP X, we will need to convert Canon XC10 to FCP X supported video codec and format. From FCP X product page you will know that Apple ProRes codec is the native supported codec of FCP X, if you convert Canon XC10 MXF files to Apple ProRes codec MOV format we will be able to edit Canon XC10 file with Final Cut Pro X smoothly, there will be no problems anymore.
To convert Canon XC10 to FCP X Apple ProRes codec with top quality and speed, you will need to use the best Canon XC10 MXF converter, here we recommend you to use Acrok MXF Converter for Mac/Windows, this is the best MXF converter on the market, it can work as 4K MXF converter to convert Canon XC10 4K MXF files, or other 4K MXF files recorded by Sony, Panasonic, JVC and BlackMagic, it also has support for other HD videos, such as MTS, XAVC MXF, XAVC S, MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MPG, etc. rich output formats is also supported by this MXF converter, it can convert your files to many native formats for editing programs, such as FCP X native supported Apple ProRes codec, Avid Media Composer native supported DNxHD codec, iMovie supported Apple InterMediate Codec, Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas Pro best supported formats, etc. now please download this Canon XC10 to FCP X converter below, and use it to convert MXF to FCP X native format.
1. Install this Canon XC10 to FCP X converter on your Mac computer, launch it you will see this program’s main interface. This MXF converter also has Windows version so it can also help you to convert MXF files to Windows Media Player, convert MXF to Windows movie maker, convert MXF to Sony Vegas Pro, convert MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, etc.
2. Please load your Canon XC10 MXF files by click “Add Files” button on the top left corner, you can add batch MXF files into the software for converting. You can also add other videos recorded by Canon 4K camcorder, Sony 4K camcorder, Panasonic 4K camcorder, etc.
3. To convert Canon XC10 to FCP X, please choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) format for output, this is native formats for Final Cut Pro X and FCP 7, so it can convert MXF to FCP X. If you have the need to edit MXF files with other editing programs, just choose output format according to your need.
4. Before you convert Canon XC10 to FCP X, you can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, include resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. you can also skip this step.
5. Click convert button on the main interface of this Canon XC10 converter, the Canon XC10 to Final Cut Pro X conversion process will begin. If you want to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer or other editing programs, the conversion steps are the same.
Acrok MXF Converter will convert your videos at fast speed, video and audio synchronization is guaranteed by this software, when your files are converted, you can import them into FCP X and edit without any issue. Just try this software, hope it can solve your MXF video format problems.
You must be logged in to post a comment.