In this article you will know the way to import Nikon D5500 to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro, you can get the best converter to convert Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV videos to DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, or convert Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files to Sony Vegas Pro native supported video format.
Nikon D5500 is a hot DSLR on the market, many users choose to buy Nikon D5500 as their first DSLR. Nikon D5500 equipped with 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor, which will give us high-resolution images and Full HD 1080p video.
Main feature of Nikon D5500
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
Touchscreen LCD Monitor
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Full HD Movie Recording
“Hello, can you help me to import Nikon D5500 to Avid Media Composer & Sony Vegas Pro? I bought the Nikon D5500 camera last month, and recently I used it recorded some videos, these videos are in 1080 60p H.264 MOV format, I need to import these footages into Avid MC and Sony Vegas for editing, so I tried to import them into the editing programs, but I found the Avid and Sony Vegas Pro can’t support Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files smoothly, what’s the reason? I was told by my friends that I need to transcode Nikon D5500 files to native formats for Avid Media Composer & Sony Vegas Pro, can you help? Thank you!”
Nikon D5500 is an ideal camera to take photos as well as record full HD 1080p videos, many Nikon D5500 users choose to use it to record videos when they go travel. You may also used it recorded some videos, the recordings are in H.264 MOV format. Usually we need to import recordings into editing programs and edit them before we share the videos with others, have you encountered problems when you import Nikon D5500 videos to Avid Media Composer or import Nikon D5500 to Sony Vegas Pro? Just like the problem showed above, many Nikon D5500 users have the issue to edit Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files with Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro, because the H.264 files recorded by Nikon D5500 is well for playback, but they are not good for editing. So if you want to edit Nikon D5500 files smoothly with Avid Media Composer & Sony Vegas Pro, you will need to convert the videos to native formats for Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro.
We recommend you to use Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac/Windows to convert Nikon D5500 to Avid Media Composer & Sony Vegas Pro, this software has support for all the HD videos, such as H.264 MOV files, MTS, M2TS, AVI, MP4, MXF, XAVC, XAVC S, WMV, MPG, etc. 4K video conversion is also supported, for example it can work as 4K MXF video converter. Acrok converter has many optimized formats for editing programs and playable devices, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, native WMV/MOV/MPG for Sony Vegas Pro, Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X, etc. now please download this program and follow the easy steps to convert Nikon D5500 to Avid Media Composer & Sony Vegas Pro.
1. Install Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac/Windows on your computer, launch it you will see the main interface. Click add files button to import Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files that you want to convert.
2. Choose output format. To edit Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files with Avid Media Composer, please choose Editing software -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov) for output; to edit Nikon D5500 H.264 MOV files with Sony Vegas, please choose WMV/MOV/MPG for output. This software can also help you to convert MXF to Avid Media Composer.
3. You can click settings button to adjust resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others according to your need.
4. Edit feature is available to use, you can trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect to the video.
5. Click convert button to start Nikon D5500 to Avid Media Composer or Nikon D5500 to Sony Vegas Pro conversion process.
When your videos are converted, you can import the converted videos into Avid and Sony Vegas Pro, and then you can edit the footages smoothly, you won’t have any importing or editing problems.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
About the author