In this article, we will share the solution to import and edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 AVI and MOV files with FCP X on Mac, with the recommended tool you can edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 files with FCP X smoothly.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 is a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera, it is released several months ago, and now many users have bought this excellent camera, the E-M1 camera has attracted a lot of users. This camera equipped with a 16.3 megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor, which can help you to take high quality photos as well as record vivid videos. Olympus OM-D E-M1 has the ability to record full HD 1080p video with notable low-light quality and high-speed performance. You can record footages at 30 FPS with stereo sound in MOV or AVI format.
“Are Olympus OM-D E-M1 recordings compatible with FCP X? I have Olympus OM-D E-M1 camera and I usually use it to take photos and record 1080p videos. I have recorded a lot of videos and stored them on my computer’s HDD, but now I need to import Olympus OM-D E-M1 files to FCP X and edit them, I have tried and found the Olympus OM-D E-M1 videos can’t be edited smoothly, can you tell me what’s the reason? What’s the best codec for Final Cut Pro X? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
Have you also encountered the problems to edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 videos with FCP X? Many Olympus OM-D E-M1 users have video editing problem with FCP X, the problem is that the recorded AVI and MOV files can’t be edited smoothly, what’s the reason? It is because H.264 AVI and MOV files are not well supported by FCP X, to edit videos in final cut, the best codec is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, you can find this codec description on Apple final cut pro product page, so the best method to import Olympus OM-D E-M1 to FCP X for editing is to transcode Olympus OM-D E-M1 files to Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, and then you can edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 AVI and MOV videos smoothly.
In order to convert Olympus OM-D E-M1 to FCP X Apple ProRes codec MOV format, you will need a top Apple ProRes converter, you can choose to use Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, with this software you can easily convert videos recorded by Olympus OM-D E-M1 or other devices to any formats you need, such as convert video to Apple ProRes codec for FCP X, or DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, AIC codec for iMovie, etc. rich HD output formats are supported, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, MPG, etc. you can choose the output format according to your need. Now you can follow the steps below to use this software.
1. Free download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, install this program on your Mac computer, and then run it as the best Olympus OM-D E-M1 to FCP X converter. If you need to convert videos on Windows 10/8.1/7/XP, you can free download its Windows version.
2. Please run this video converter, and then it will show the main interface, now you can click “Add Files” button to import the Olympus OM-D E-M1 recorded AVI and MOV files into it for converting.
3. Please choose a video format for output. As you need to edit Olympus OM-D E-M1 files in FCP X, we recommend you to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) for output, this is the native codec for FCP X.
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, resolution, etc.
5. The last step is to click convert button to start Olympus OM-D E-M1 to FCP X conversion, the program will start the conversion immediately.
When all your Olympus OM-D E-M1 recordings are converted, you can click open folder button and get the output videos, and then you can import the converted videos into final cut pro X for editing smoothly.
You must be logged in to post a comment.