In this article we will share the way to convert XAVC S to Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 supported video format, and then you can import XAVC S files to premiere pro for editing smoothly.
In recent years Sony has released many new cameras and camcorders that can record videos in XAVC S video codec, such as Sony FDR-X1000, Sony FDR-AX33, etc. these camcorders will help you to recorded high quality with XAVC S codec, the XAVC S codec is better than other codecs like H.264 or MPEG, so more and more camcorders choose to use this advanced codec. Have you also got a camcorder that can record videos in XAVC S codec? On the forums, there are many users talking about this codec, and then have encountered some problems with this codec, one of the most popular problems is the issue to import XAVC S to Premiere Pro, the Adobe Premiere can’t support XAVC S codec well, most users’ files are not supported to import, you can see some samples of the problems below.
XAVC S to Premiere Pro question 1:
“Hi, I bought Sony FDR-X1000 camcorder about two weeks ago, I used it recorded some 1080p videos, when I want to import Sony FDR-X1000 files to Adobe Premiere Pro CC for editing, the premiere said the video files are not supported, I checked the videos and noticed they are in XAVC S video codec, I am not familiar with this codec, is it not compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro CC? Can you help me to import XAVC S to Premiere Pro for editing without problems?”
XAVC S to Premiere Pro question 2:
“Can you help me to solve XAVC S to Premiere Pro CS6 importing problem? Just received the Sony FDR-AX33 camcorder and recorded few clips, I need to do some editing with the clips, the editing program I usually used is Adobe Premiere Pro, but when I load XAVC S files to Premiere Pro, only to find that the videos can’t be imported, it seems that premiere doesn’t support XAVC S files, can you help? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
From the questions listed above, you may have known that Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 has bad support for XAVC S files, so if you have recorded some videos with XAVC S codec, you will get problems when you import XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, in this case, how to avoid this error? As we talked above, it is because XAVC S video format not supported by Premiere, so the best method to import XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 is to convert XAVC S to Premiere Pro supported video format, like WMV or MOV, and then you can import videos into Premiere for editing smoothly, there will be no problems anymore.
You will need to use a video converter to help you transcode XAVC S files to Premiere Pro supported video format, here we recommend you to use Acrok HD Video Converter, with this software you can easily convert XAVC S to Premiere Pro best format. Besides XAVC S, this software can convert nearly all the HD videos for you, such as AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, MP4, MOV, MPG, TiVo, etc. This software also has many optimized formats that you can choose to output, such as WMV/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, etc. you can choose according to your need. Now you can free download this XAVC S to Premiere Pro Converter Windows or Mac version below, and we have prepared the easy steps that you can follow to convert XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5.
1. Downloader and install XAVC S to Premiere Pro converter on your computer, both Windows version and MAC version are available to use, once you get this software, you can convert XAVC S and other HD Videos to any formats you need, such as native formats for editing programs and playable formats for smartphones and tablets.
2. Launch Acrok HD Video Converter, you will see this program’s main interface, you can click add files button to import the XAVC S files that you want to convert.
3. After you loaded the XAVC S files, please click format column and choose Editing software category, if you need to edit videos with Premiere on Windows, please choose WMV format; if you need to edit videos with Premiere on Mac, please choose MOV format. With this software you can also convert XAVC S to FCP X, or convert XAVC S to Avid DNxHD codec.
4. If you need to adjust the output parameters, you can click settings button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others according to your need.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start the XAVC S to Premiere Pro conversion process.
When all the XAVC S files are converted to Premiere Pro supported format, you can import the converted videos into Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 for editing as you want, there will be no issues anymore. If you have other video editing programs and playable devices, you can also use Acrok software to convert videos for them.
You must be logged in to post a comment.